The eDNA Society published the standardized manual for eDNA analysis, “Environmental DNA Sampling and Experiment Manual”. We wish this manual will contribute for solving the global issues relating to the biodiversity loss and for promoting the conservation.
Our commentary paper on the manual has been published in Environmental DNA. Please use this commentary paper as a citation in your report/paper, if you follow the methodological steps described in this manual in your study.
Minamoto, Miya, Sado, Seino, Doi, Kondoh, Nakamura, Takahara, Yamamoto, Yamanaka, Araki, Iwasaki, Kasai, Masuda & Uchii (2020) An illustrated manual for environmental DNA research: Water sampling guidelines and experimental protocols.
Environmental DNA Early View, https://doi.org/10.1002/edn3.121
Supplemental videos on sampling procedures (open to the members only; Note that the videos are provided only in Japanese currently.)
- Water sampling using a bucket — 2.5 min
- Water sampling using a cup with a handle — 2.5 min
- Water sampling into a plastic bag — 6 min
- Filtration using a syringe — 3 min
- Addition of preservatives — 3 min
- Filtration using a caulking gun — 4 min
- eDNA survey video manual — 10 min (provided by Earthwatch)